This action allows you to start a procedure declaration.
A procedure contains actions inserted between a Begin procedure action and a End procedure action. A procedure can be called using a Call procedure action or any "If true/false/etc" parameter. When the actions contained within the procedure have been executed the execution automatically jumps after the action that made the procedure call.
Procedures have the following limitations:
- Each procedure has an unique, non-empty name that cannot be dynamically set
- Is not allowed to declare a procedure within another procedure
- Each Begin procedure action has to have exactly one End procedure action
- Variables declared within the procedure will be kept outside the procedure (this is not the case in most programming languages)
- Procedures doesn't have any parameters (yet)
Note also that:
- Recursive calls are allowed (a procedure can call itself)
- You can call a procedure before it is declared
- You should not use any Goto action, conditional actions, nor jump outside the procedure because doing this will prevent the execution to go back to the calling action
- You should not mix gotos and procedures
[Added in Actionaz 3.4.0.]
The name of the procedure.